Albazaar Market is the data controller of the personal data we may collect as part of your use of this site and connected services.
We understand that looking after the personal data you share with us is hugely important. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us and you understand how we use it, this privacy and cookies policy (Policy) sets out this key information.
Personal data we collect about you
This section tells you what personal data we collect about you.
We may collect and process information about you, including without limitation:
Information that you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
Information that we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect technical information and information about your visit; and Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties and may receive information about you from them.
We may supplement the information we collect about you with information we receive from other public sources (eg public registers such as the electoral roll). This allows us to assess the accuracy of the information we hold about you in order to send you relevant offers and information.
How and why we use your personal data
This section explains in detail how and why we use your personal data.
Collecting your personal information helps us to better understand what you need from us and to improve our services to you. Without limitation, we may use your information to:
- manage and improve our Website, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- personalize our services to you;
- tell you about important changes to the Website and our services;
- manage promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires, and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- Assess and evaluate any content you submit to us and to contact you to decide on next steps;
- enhance our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Legal basis of processing
In relation to personal data we process to send you any marketing communications that you have agreed to receive, we do so based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time to receive these communications.
In relation to the other personal data processed, we process this based on what is called our “legitimate interests”, these are:
- to help you understand our business, its performance and changes;
- to keep you informed about news and events, including regulatory news connected with Tesco;
- to assess and evaluate any content you submit to us and to decide on next steps in relation to your submission;
- to administer and keep up to date your account, resolve problems and respond to complaints;
- to prevent and detect fraud;
- to invite you to attend events connected with the above.
How we protect personal data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place:
- We apply physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data;
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it;
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to keep this data safe;
- We only authorize access to employees and trusted partners who need it to carry out their responsibilities;
- We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security; and
- We will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data, it is important that you keep your login details and devices protected from unauthorized access.
We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We don’t sell, exchange, or in any case move to outside parties your personal recognizable data. This does exclude trusted third parties who help us in working our site, directing our business, or servicing you, as long as those parties consent to keep this data private. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Third party links.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their “My Account” page and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ section.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at Terms & Conditions.
Federal Trade Commission Fair
California Online Privacy Protection Act
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act
Al Bazaar Market